Quinta de São Gonçalo
Price Reduction €970.000 €720.000
Quinta de São Gonçalo is located in the protected geographical region of Douro (Douro DO), 1 km from the historic center of Vila Flor, 1.5 km from the express Highway that connects Spain (30 minutes to the border) and Porto (90 minutes). It is one of the oldest wineries in the region.
In 2001, one of the demarcation pillars was discovered in the territory, which in the 18th century marked the world’s first Duero protected geographical wine region. Historical sources indicate that the winery belonged to the grandson Marquis de Pombal, Prime Minister of Portugal in the 18th century and initiator introduction of state control and management of wine production and the port in the region.
- -7.5 hectares of useful area;
- Varietal composition – 50% red, 50% white. ( Viosinho , Gouveiod or Douro and
- Rabigato , Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz and Touriga Franca ).
- Buildings: Total constructed area – approx. 3000m2
- Cellars, 4 rooms;
- The main residential building (1st floor, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 fireplaces, kitchen, living room, covered terrace, m2 167 m2, terrace -62m2);
- Guard house- 2 floors, each one – 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen);
- Fermentation and wine making workshop
- Guest house on top of the hill (2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom);
- Dovecote for 250 nests;
- Water pressure unit with pool;
- 2 underground cellars for 10,000 bottles, one in a rock cave;
- 2 warehouses above ground
- 3 auxiliary buildings and offices.
- Total electrification of all premises and dependencies.
- 3 underground wells with water
- Internal water supply network throughout the territory.
- 3 cumulative pools for water
- Paved paths to move around the vineyard
- 5.37 ha of vineyard cultivated and registered in IVDP, year landings – 2013.
- Classification for the production of the Port according to the IVDP system benefit- 10000 kg, class D
- Reinforced terraces for sowing and cultivation.
**Prior to scheduling a showing or sharing confidential business financials, owners require the provision of a bank letter demonstrating the prospective Buyer's financial ability to successfully transact a purchase in the range of the Asking Price utilizing cash funds, OR a combination of cash and a loan facility. Following receipt of the bank letter, execution of a Non-Disclosure Agreement will then be required.
Sample Letter for Proof of Ability to Purchase
Properties similar to Quinta de São Gonçalo: