Winery in Bordeaux
On the border of the Dordogne and Gironde, on a plateau overlooking both the Dordogne river to the north and the Gironde countryside to the south, this former Seigneurie and its vineyard estate of more than 110 ha enjoy a rare environment for this exceptional property. The resourceful town and its amenities are just a few minutes away, the A89 motorway and Bergerac airport less than 30 minutes away.
Bordeaux is 1h15 away and Paris 3 hours by TGV.
You have to cross a few hectares of vineyards on the estate before you see this magnificent chateau and its imposing gate giving access to the main courtyard which is oriented so as to enjoy a 180 degree view of the vineyard. Once in the courtyard of the château you will be dazzled by the views from the estate, you will appreciate the slate-roofed château and its flamboyant stone and red brick main façade.
The chateau offers high quality services.
With a living area of 620sqm, it is distributed as follows:
On the ground floor: an entrance hall leads to the right to a large dining room which benefits from large openings positioned in three exposures and high ceilings giving an impressive volume to the different rooms; the right tower gives access to a kitchen and a storeroom.
On the left, there is a beautiful living room with a view of the swimming pool and a superb garden where a multi-centenary cedar sits. The second tower leads to a dining room, kitchen and separate toilet. Finally, on the north side of the chateau, there is an office and a hallway with various storage rooms and access to the staircase leading to the first floor.
On the first floor: the landing distributes the 5 bedrooms, shower rooms and bathrooms and a toilet for the main body of the castle. In the west tower: a landing, separate wc, a bathroom and two bedrooms and adjoining the east tower, a lounge.
The outbuildings include :
- Located at the south end of the castle courtyard: a fully renovated caretaker’s cottage of approx. 120 sqm of living space.
- Three luxury gîtes: the first, located close to the castle, is a stone building with a swimming pool, jacuzzi and top-of-the-range services (capacity 6 people). The second, an old pigeon house located near the equestrian activities (capacity 4 people). The last one, located at the end of the property, is a southern Spanish style house with a swimming pool that can accommodate up to 12 people.
THE WINE ESTATE
The estate has an old wine storehouse in very good condition adjacent to the château. Part of this building is now used for ageing wine in barrels, and the other part is made up of old, fully functional vats and a storage area.
A few hundred metres from the château is the heart of the estate’s wine-making process: with a production of up to 3,600 hectolitres of AOC Bordeaux Supérieur, this estate had to be equipped with quality facilities such as cellars of the highest standards, phytosanitary platforms and other quality equipment, and a storage capacity of up to 12,000 hectolitres.
The production tool is delivered turnkey: vineyard maintenance equipment, vinification, storage, as well as commercial distribution networks that ensure a stable income.
Adjacent to the winery, there is a tasting room for visiting customers.
THE EQUESTRIAN DOMAIN
The property has equestrian facilities:
- stables with a capacity of 16 wooden boxes
- instructor’s office
- riding arena
This former seigneury offers a rare combination of vineyards, equestrianism and real estate. The total surface area of the land is 271 acres (110 hectares), all in one piece and slightly undulating.
The chateau is located in a dominant position on the northern third of the property. It benefits from a park with beautiful trees such as a hundred year old cedar located on the west side where one can enjoy a beautiful swimming pool, a vegetable garden fed by a spring completes this privileged situation.
The land is divided as follows:
- 197 acres (80 ha) of vines in one piece on clay-gravel soil very favorable to the vine where it is necessary to underline the approach of the owners who have combined productivity and environment with the HVE3 certification.
- 49 acres (20 ha) of woodland
- 17 acres (7 ha) of grassland extending to the banks of the Dordogne giving access to water and in addition a spring irrigates the land and a watering place for the horses.
**Prior to scheduling a showing or sharing confidential business financials, owners require the provision of a bank letter demonstrating the prospective Buyer's financial ability to successfully transact a purchase in the range of the Asking Price utilizing cash funds, OR a combination of cash and a loan facility. Following receipt of the bank letter, execution of a Non-Disclosure Agreement will then be required.
Sample Letter for Proof of Ability to Purchase
Properties similar to Winery in Bordeaux:
In partnership with the Summers Global Team at Compass.