Wonderful Country Estate
53.5 Acres, Mountain & Sunset Views, Many Possible Uses
This magnificent country property is in Amherst county Virginia, near Lynchburg, and is just off of VA-130(a designated Scenic VA By-Way) and is only about 3.5 miles from the nearest Blue Ridge Parkway interchange, with all that the BRP has to offer. And it is also very proximate to many James River “put-in/take-out” access points.
The following are other selected driving distances from this property which demonstrates it’s ideal positioning to local amenities, as well as to some of the most vibrant and dynamic cities and natural, outdoor recreational opportunities in the South Central Virginia region:
- 13 miles to Madison Heights
- 16 miles to downtown Lynchburg
- 18 miles to Town of Amherst
- 19 miles to Natural Bridge State Park
- 25 miles to “Nelson 151” (VA Rte. 151) with 7 wineries, 3 breweries, 2 cideries, and 1 distillery and known as “Virginia’s Weekend Address” or “Alcohol Alley”
- 28 miles to Peaks of Otter Lodge on Blue Ridge Parkway
- 29 miles to The National D-Day Memorial in Bedford
- 30 miles to Virginia Horse Center in Lexington
- 31 miles to I-81 near Lexington
- 44 miles to Smith Mountain Lake
- 55 miles to downtown Roanoke
- 70 miles to Charlottesville, UVA (and COSTCO!)
One can enjoy the space, serenity and privacy of the 53+ acres, and the relaxing life-style of a great home in the country—while still being within an easy drive of superb recreational opportunities—both man-made, and natural!
The Cape Cod style home is beautifully sited on the 53.53 acres, and has been very well maintained. The home consists of 2,430 sq. ft. of living space on the main and second levels, and offers 3BRs, 2.5BA including a main level master suite. The great room design provides great traffic flow and visuals to the open kitchen and the adjacent dining room area—and makes for a very comfortable, engaging living style that matches up well with the overall setting. The second level has 2 lovely bedrooms separated by a loft seating area (could be used as home office space) and a newly refurbished full bath.
There are many potential uses for this fine property: a wine-grape vineyard (elevations at 920+ ft.), and it could be adapted for horses, cattle, or expanded to a family enclave with other home-sites. The mountain & sunset views are included!
For More Information Contact
Tyler Williams, REALTOR
Properties similar to Wonderful Country Estate: