Mount Vale Vineyards
In Galax, Virginia lies a breathtaking property with 38 acres of phenomenal Virginia countryside. Mount Vale Vineyards even takes the cake in wedding venues, winning Top Wedding Venue in Southwest Virginia by Virginia Living Magazine.
Mt. Vale Vineyards was established in 2008 with a passion to wholly commit to the stewardship of the land. Being a mere 4 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway, its easy to imagine the gorgeous views awarded to this property. The cool and foggy mornings as well as sun filled days make for an amazing atmosphere here at the vineyards. Nestled into the Virginia countryside and filled with rolling hills and mountain views, Mt. Vale is truly a place to come to escape the craziness that can become of everyday life and treasure every moment.
This mountainside vineyard utilizes the hillside terroir for all aspects of natural vine growth and grape quality. With the cold and elevation in mind, the current owners at Mt. Vale have thoughtfully chosen six cold hardy varietals. (They even received help from the University of Minnesota to ensure proper varietals for the climate.)
The White Varietals include:
- La Crescent
- This varietal was developed by the University of Minnesota, and combined St. Pepin and Swenson. The nose lends itself quite intensely to apricot, peach and citrus and works particularly well in sweet wines.
- Frontenac Gris
- This grape produces a wine with aroma of citrus, tropical fruit, peach and apricot.
- This grape is a hybrid of Seyval and Chardonnay and wines created from this varietal have aromas of honey and bananas, they also taste of tropical fruit.
Red Grape Varietals include:
- This grape is a cross between MN 1094 and Ravat 262. You will come across cherry and black current flavors as well as notes of blackberries, pepper, plum, and spice.
- As you saw above, the vineyard has the white varietal of Frontenac as well. The red lends itself to a deep garnet color and cherry aromas. On your tongue you may taste blackberry, black currant and plum.
- Cabernet Franc
- This well known grape grows particularly well in cooler climates. The fruity wine produced is much softer and subdued compared to Cabernet Sauvignon.
In addition to the Tasting Room & Winery, there is also a Guest House on the property, as well as a cottage. This is the absolute perfect setup for buying a winery for sale. To get the full picture of this magnificent vineyard, schedule an appointment to take a look sooner than later!
Presented in Cooperation with:Counts Realty & Auction
Winery Sales Specialist
Properties similar to Mount Vale Vineyards: